Your role would be to fly with us, help care for and cuddle the dogs, and be a part of the Pilot.dog team for an individual dog rescue flight.
If you are not in the Raleigh, NC area or not so sure about flying, you can still volunteer as a rescue driver. Just register for free with Doobert.com. You can learn more about Doobert if you click here.
You would need to be able to meet us at the airport in Raleigh, NC, where we are based. Trips take about six hours or more. They are long and tiring.
You would be required to care for and comfort a dog on the trip prior to departing, during the flight, and help in the transition at the destination. Your ultimate reward will be that you participated in helping to save a dog or two or three.
If you’ve had experience flying is small single engine airplanes, that would be helpful. We want you to be as comfortable as possible with the experience. If you would like to see what it is like to fly with us, please watch our flight videos to know what you are getting into.
If you’d like to share the joy of rescuing a dog and flying it to a better future, please complete the form below and Pam will be in touch with details.
- You have to meet us at the airport in Raleigh, NC.
- The total time a flight takes is about 6 hours from departure to getting back to the airport.
- The missions are long and tiring.
- You have to be willing to cuddle dogs in flight.
- You will need to be a Pilot.dog ambassador on the mission and help us with the dogs and welcoming the dogs and saying good-bye to them.